Monday, November 3, 2014

Beautiful and Note Worthy CZT Work

As a CZT, I belong to Face Book group for CZT's, and I am astounded, blown away, and inspired by all the amazing things these CZT's are creating and doing.  Recently, I became aware of the work of Brinn Mar McFetridge. She is working in a style that looks so different from other things I have seen. Her new pieces look like bundles of string and fiber and ribbon and yarn, all beautifully rendered.  I find myself staring at them, mesmerized. With her permission, I am posting a picture of one of her tiles:

I think the solid black "Umble" tangles make this piece. You imagine that this must be a black and white drawing of something made with golden threads. I wonder how this would come out if she were to try this on a black tile with gold ink?  I encourage you check out her blog, Brinnmar.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog